Decide on the game-fi graphics

We can go for an isometric top down 3D/2D hybrid view in the future but starting rn with a simple good looking 2D map.
I think time is key, we don’t want to stay still for years waiting for the game to come out, we need a minimum playable product asap.

3 Likes

Hi @shestov. I checked up your suggestion in the idea side, and we are moving in a similar direction.
This is a poll to see what theme/graphics community want to see. Rest be assured, It doesn’t affect game-fi logic or CLNY utilization.

1 Like

I say 3d with the just cast out thought of it doesn’t need to be the latest greatest, Ray traced 3d.

I’m 40min in to the video and this I’m amazed at this game and the story line. I’m hooked.

2D will be the way to go for the short term for sure. I just want to be able to see my robots going about their business, etc. We can move to 3D in the future when the budget allows, I think we just need to keep the project moving forward and keep user interest high.

1 Like

I second this. I like 3d, and I like the democratic process, but only the devs know what resources and talent they have to implement the features in a timely fashion.

1 Like

I voted for 3D, but if 3D drastically extends the time frame from release, I think 2D would be just as good.

I voted 2D. Please vote with your minds and not your hearts. Like others have said this isn’t a game where graphics are all that important. Once there is a strong foundation, significant adoption and enough funding then consider an upgrade to 3D. Momentum is key right now. I’m very eager to see this project take the next steps towards things like a marketplace for trading resources, spaceXchange (DEX), staking/LPs, etc

This will boost the confidence and strengthen the conviction of all the early adopters and attract more investment which would then give the team the resources necessary to evolve the game into 3D and whatever else

4 Likes

Oh boy I didn’t expect this to happen! There are SO MANY great games from the 90s, especially in the dystopian sci-fi genre! I recommend Beneath a Steel Sky and Innocent Until Caught as well :slight_smile:

Hi everyone,

Thanks so much for sharing your ideas. Your feedback helped us understand more of what you are looking for.

For graphics, we selected isometric view, which will provide all martians better graphics to visualize and build their colonies, and at the same time, will not be too device-heavy, so you won’t need a gaming computer to render it.

Just a heads-up, we have onboarded our lead designer to lead this initiative. He will be arriving to our Mars base shortly and will be sharing with you what we have built so far in the nearest time.

10 Likes

That’s awesome! Can’t wait for the graphics to kick in. I think this is a great choice, it’s not plain 2D, and we can build on 3D down the road.

2 Likes

progress pregress - Here we go!

1 Like

3D would be good. But I voted 2D simply because the graphics do not really matter, more so the mechanics themselves. The extra difficulty in using 3D is probably not worth the extra resource required to achieve it.

I also voted 3D however would be good to understand how much time this would postpone future releases. Given the exciting roadmap, there’s a large amount of work needed to be done so if 2D significantly speeds things up then that compromise sits comfortably with me!

1 Like

I enjoy both 2D and 3D games. Some of those games that attract me the most were ones that have their unique art and design work that are consistent with the lore and stories the team wants to share with audiences. Some teams may not have a big budget to hire a top-notch team to produce the high standard level of artwork found in big games, but I always admire those who tried hard to deliver their own authentic and original work, in order to complement and enhance the genuine vision of the team - no matter the size of resources they have.

3 Likes