Weekly Update 21.3.22 — Avatars, Revenue Sharing

I agree with you. all these changes being implemented on the eve of the mint is pure poor communications. The truth is they knew of these changes in advance. Which looks like what exactly happened here a pump and dump. to top it all of lets punish the land owners. lol

1 Like

I was under the impression the reason we bought land was to use CLNY to reinvest in our land and make upgrades, needing robots, transport and solar power as utility later down the line which we consume or trade with. What will avatars without land use CLNY for? Cosmetic upgrades on their avatar? In hindsight it sounds like it might have been more economical to buy avatars instead of land on second hand markets.
Also I disagree with the suggestion above that landowners should be able to alter ‘avatar rent’ as it will inevitably drive prices down as we compete for extra CLNY instead of building an attractive guild/community. Land tax should be set at the same for all so people don’t undercut and giving avatars free movement to lively active guilds

1 Like

Just seen the part about individual land owners won’t be affected as long as they partake in active gameplay with their avatar which is good. I suppose this shift penalises whales predominantly which is unfortunate as they were part of this journey too, but it provides more stability to the economy and allows more players in the game which I hope grows popularity, engagement and hype.

My questions would be:
How many avatars can I individually operate? One in total? One per land?
Is there going to be a limit to the amount of non-land owning avatars that can occupy a land?
The more people playing hopefully the more popular mars colony becomes. There looks to be 21000 avatars available on a timed-release (great idea) but how many do you plan for in total with 2nd/3rd gen releases? Surely this needs to be seriously thought out in advance as it might become incredibly difficult and costly to get my level 2 & 3 land upgrades?

I know you said avatars drop next week but Please whatever you do, don’t change your mind and drop them this weekend as I’m away :laughing:

100%!! Good things take time!

1 Like

This is a crappy way to see things. We gave mars money. We want our money to go up not down. Killing prices after an already large drop to under $1 was enough of a test of faith, now they are doing this bs at midnight a couple days before a launch? What in the hell kind of brainiac does that? The most annoying thing is people giving devs free reign to kill momentum whenever they feel like it. Changing mechanics to hurt people who already bought land or clny is literally the opposite of what someone trying to make a good name for their project would do. It’s astounding how much of a mistake this was, snatching loss from the clutches of victory. We had hype, value appreciation, people talking about us on social media POSITIVELY and then nope, just dump on all of that a few days before a launch on a whim like some bi-polar kanye tweet rant?

5 Likes

quite right. They say this is a community projects but not once have we voted on any of the proposals. so my question is , is this truly a community project?

2 Likes

I think everyone got caught off guard… and no whale would agree its not in a bad way! No bueno

@brother
You need to be more careful with your answers. And read more history articles about yellow badges.
https://www.holocaustcenter.org/visit/library-archive/holocaust-badges/

Are you comparing this to the holocaust?
Shame on you if so. This is truly an unbearable comment that wouldn’t have been written by any decent human being.

1 Like

I actually think this is a good way to create clny emissions for mission rewards and also lowering the barrier to entry and earning, i hope this is still a major consideration for the mission reward vote coming up

1 Like

It will be! More details in the weekly update tonight.

1 Like