Because these ideas require gameplay features that will take time to develop, we thought it best to release them in stages.
The first stage is to “reward” avatars with a faucet-like drip of CLNY as a login bonus each day (say, 0.1 CLNY). This would initially come from the treasury, and eventually be replaced by a portion of transaction fees from in-game traders/merchants and the coming Mars Colony internal NFT marketplace.
As for mission rewards, initially they can just reward XP, which are used to level up your avatar. Levels/XP gained would be tracked and listed on a global leaderboard, so people can compete for the top spot, maybe for a title.
At the same time, landowners would form guilds by joining plots of land and allowing avatars to play on their land. For each quest that avatars do on guild land, the guild gains XP for “guild leveling”. Leveling your guild can grant access to more story, items, gameplay, etc.
Then, we can introduce an NPC trader that sells double XP boosts and items that buff mission success rates or other stats, which all cost CLNY (which can then fund the faucet reward).
The next step would be to develop a variety of “materials” varying in rarity which have use cases for landowners and avatars, and can be bought with or sold for CLNY.
Use cases could range from crafting to upgrades to repairs and refreshing perishable items, rebuilding after worm attacks, etc.
Some ideas we had for perishable NFTs were tools which could boost skill/add efficiency/allow access to rare materials during missions (think how you need at least an iron pickaxe to mine diamond in Minecraft).
These ‘tools’ (Perishable NFTs) could be crafted by highly skilled Martians and sold on our market for CLNY.
The rarer the materials used, the better % you have at crafting a high tier ‘tool’ (Maybe you could buy luck potions from the NPC which increases the chances of a better tool craft).
The thought is, once we go have other planets they could have different materials, meaning each chain would need all of the others to progress.
Once we have a basic economy set up Gen 2 avatars are released, a portion of mint fees should be pooled and contribute to mission rewards, or support in-game trading/marketplace.
This is a diagram of how we think the Martian economy could be organized:
• The landowners should not need to run missions to collect CLNY emissions.
• The Avatars should have a Faucet of .1 CLNY claimable per day. (logging in bonus)
• Avatar missions should be paid in XP at first, adding materials when ready. (we think adding some materials without use cases would be good to create excitement and speculation)
• Guilds should be paid in XP by allowing players to run missions on their land.
• The funds from the sale of all Gen 2 Avatars should go to the treasury to fund the Avatar faucet and missions.
• The marketplace (SPEX) should sell PNFT’s (perishable NFT’s) ie tools and equipment. • Use case Materials sold in the market, should be sold in CLNY
Do you support this idea? Vote yes or no, then add your thoughts in reply to this post!
Be kind and constructive, this was a proposal created by community members of their own interest and goodwill.