Energy generation and storage as well as scarcity of human workforce are key concepts in space exploration.
Here are some ideas
Energy Points and impact on buildings production
- Power production becomes a more central topic. Energy points are introduced.
Transportcome with a base Energy points production thanks to their own solar panels, but it’s not enough to make them work at 100% capacity.
- Energy requirements are met by building additional levels of
- When a building hasn’t enough Energy, its production speed decreases proportionally to the missing energy. So for instance, with a linear model, if a building needs 1000 Energy points and the
Power Production+ the building’s production generates 200 Energy points, then the building produces at 20% of maximum speed.
- Users can adjust how to allocate the Energy points generated by the
Power Production. Meaning they could redirect 100% of
Power Productionto a specific building in order to increase temporarily its production, but it penalizes the other buildings which will fall into energy shortage.
Robots and construction timer
- It takes time to create a new robot, infrastructure and big objects (such as spacecrafts).
Robot Assemblylevel limits the number of robots you can produce per day and the speed at which every robot is produced.
- Robots are required to build big infra and big objects, the construction time depends on the number of robots available.