Reducing the incentive to Mine and Dump

Hi there,

I have multiple lands and excited about the project. My concern is that with such high yields at the moment, early whales will farm and dump their CLNY. Maybe some kind of lock up might be a good idea? TreasureDAO have used the ‘ve’ lock up, pioneered by CRV with their Magic Token. Might help to keep a longer term focus.

Thanks,

CDD

3 Likes

I rather the token have utility rather than have the same old lookup scheme; which only kicks the can down the road.

3 Likes

The token needs utility to succeed in the long run

1 Like

In my opinion, locked rewards take away options to the investors. I think a great compromise would be to create a lock mechanism like tranquil offers where the lock is voluntary for added rewards. I personally do not like locked rewards, particularly in a game. it takes away from the game play. I am looking at 120 CLNY per upgrade. This is not an inexpensive endeavor. Locking rewards would take away my ability to upgrade those lands. The next level beyond that is 270 CLNY, after that it is 480. Each of these upgrades creates a “BURN” of tokens. Burning of tokens helps to offset supply similar to a locked rewards mechanism. Consider the time it takes to earn 120 CLNY per land. Take into account how long it would take to upgrade to its full capacity. None of which includes the future NFTs of citizens and how they will play into the ecosystem. A lock mechanism will take away from the game play as intended. Just my two cents. Focus should be on game play, not price of the token. In my humble opinion (IMHO)

1 Like