Stand the pain (or, "git gud") — Weekly Update 17.5.22

In Qazwin, they have a custom of tattooing themselves
for good luck, with a blue ink, on the back
of the hand, the shoulder, wherever.
A certain man goes to his barber
and asks to be given a powerful, heroic, blue lion
on his shoulder blade. "And do it with flair!
I’ve got Leo ascending. I want plenty of blue!"
But as soon as the needle starts pricking,
he howls,
“What are you doing?”
“The lion.”
“Which limb did you start with?”
“I began with the tail.”
"Well, leave out the tail. That lion’s rump
is in a bad place for me. It cuts off my wind."
The barber continues, and immediately
the man yells out,
“Ooooooooo! Which part now?”
“The ear.”
“Doc, let’s do a lion with no ears this time.”
The barber shakes his head, and once more the needle,
and once more the wailing,
“Where are you now?”
“The belly.”
“I like a lion without a belly.”
The master lion-maker
stands for a long time with his fingers in his teeth.
Finally he throws the needle down.
"No one has ever
been asked to do such a thing! To create a lion
without a tail or a head or a stomach.
God himself could not do it!"

Brother, stand the pain.

— Rumi

It’s Monday (or, it was when I started writing this anyway), which means I’m back to preach and share the weekly update.

But honestly, after that Rumi piece, there’s not much to say. You know what we’re building, you asked for it. You know how to help newcomers. You know how to have fun.

So let’s get to it :smiling_imp:

Oh, and remember this banger? How quickly they forget. We’ll be back in full force in these markets before they know it.

Development

:white_check_mark: — We refined the app UI.

:white_check_mark: — The pre-sale mint of Polygon land plots is underway! Over 1/3 of presale plots have been claimed so far. Mint yours before the presale closes (regardless of whether they all mint) on Saturday.

:white_check_mark: — We fixed more bugs in missions.

:white_check_mark: — We began working on the next mission flow, a mining mission.

:white_check_mark: — We finished the design of the NFT crates (for mission rewards) and began developing the logic. They’re below (colors are subject to change).

:white_check_mark: — We’re expecting to launch the DEX this week.

:white_check_mark: — We’re building the NFT reward logic for Harmony users who mint on Polygon. You should get a peek soon, depending on how the next design revisions go.

:white_check_mark: — We are using your feedback to further consider both short and long-term deflationary aids, in addition to planned game features. There will also be use cases outside the directly playable game for CLNY. More on all that once we’ve got an outline and more agreement.

Community

:white_check_mark: — We’re joining Tim and Jim for the next Harmony Hangout, you should join too! Wednesday at 6pm PT on Twitter.

:white_check_mark: — We’re doing cross-AMAs with OneVerse this week, likely Thursday afternoon ET. More details to come.

:white_check_mark: — I’m at Permissionless in my big white space helmet, meeting up with old friends and new ones to spread the Colony to more people still stuck on Earth. If any of you are in the Palm Beach (Florida) area and want to meet, drinks on me.

:white_check_mark: — I’ll be cleaning up the Discord channels when I get a chance to this week, to make it easier to adapt to for newcomers. When you start seeing new faces, be kind! They might wonder why things suck right now. It’s good to talk about.

:white_check_mark: — Don’t forget to submit your memes and tag @marscolonyio to win one a rare avi!

:white_check_mark: — If someone didn’t make the Polygon whitelist and wants on, let them know they can join the next whitelist at polygon.marscolony.io.

There’s more I’m sure, but you get the gist. We’re building, the world is waiting, and it’s good to log off and go touch grass. The only problem is, there isn’t any on Mars.

Oh well.

Forward :v:

— brother

14 Likes

It would be nice…when we complete the mission that the timer goes to zero…why waiting for 2 more minutes to complete restoring communication?

1 Like

Let’s gooo!!thanks for the update brother…!
Have a awesome week.

mine usually completes with 20 seconds left on the timer, what browser are you using? Brave by any chance?