VOTE – Mission Rewards Proposals

The time has come.

Below are 4 proposals for how we’ll structure mission rewards.

Informal voting

First, please carefully read each one and check yes or no at the bottom of each proposal to show your support or opposition to an idea. Then, discuss in the replies to each post.

This is an informal poll to narrow down which ideas have a lot of support and which don’t.

The most-supported ideas will then go to an on-chain vote.

Official voting

The official vote will happen at the end of this week or early next week.

Every wallet that holds any amount of Mars Colony NFTs will receive one vote token. We have already taken a snapshot of wallets, so no one can spread their NFTs between multiple wallets in anticipation of the vote.

In the future, a different voting structure will be implemented, this is just a short-term solution.

The winning proposal in the official vote will be implemented as mission rewards on Harmony.

Important note:

The core team’s proposal is an explanation of how mission rewards will work on Polygon and each chain we expand to beyond that.

As this colony is your home, we want you to have full autonomy over this decision, so no matter which proposal you choose, the core team will implement it.

That said, be aware that a different mission rewards structure from other chains opens us up to the potential for Harmony to require different game mechanics in the future, which could mean Harmony would require a different development track than other chains for major features.

I don’t mean to put pressure on this decision, and we in the core team don’t have any emotional ties to our proposal, we won’t be offended if you don’t choose it. It’s just important that we’re aware beforehand, so we can plan accordingly.

Before the official vote, if there is any risk of major divergence in features, we’ll let you know so you can feel confident in your decisions.

So, don’t stress. Nothing is a death sentence, and we’re always here to support you. Always.

If there are facets of each idea you like, and want to see them combined, reply to this post below.

Proposals:

To kick them all off, I voted “yes” for all proposals. You can support more than one, but cast yes votes only for proposals you’d be happy to see implemented.

31 Likes

Can you please give some more information about how the real voting process will proceed? It will be here in the forum or it via app.marscolony.io?

1 Like

I will explain more in a couple days, but basically it will likely be in-app and you will receive a vote token which can be burned to the wallet of your chosen proposal:)

3 Likes

With regards to anticipated game play (and missions) – will MarsColony be more like Axie Infinity – where you have people playing to earn a living – or will it be more for fun, but you can earn some CLNY in the process? How much time are we anticipating people spending here in a day? I’m trying to wrap my head around the entirety of it all.

1 Like