Avatar collection, call to all artists [Completed]

A cyber-punk colony faction in Mars.

27 Likes

The idea is giving this sort of look to the 3D pixel art design and building the following graphic traits:

20 helmet styles + additional layer of variation through colors and detailing on top of the base shape. The detail and color will match the suit when appearing together with the suit perhaps by making the alfa render with the suit that match the same style and the algorithm picks it to build the NFT.

20 space suits + additional layer like the helmet the style of detailing and color will match the helmet when appearing with helmet

20 normal Attire + variation through colors this characters appear without space suit civilian life or uniform by profession.

40 Mars bakgrounds mostly corridors and mars land structures and spaceships etc. This backgrounds could be abstracts and monotone to not pop too much in other words will imply second laver variation with color

20 faces female + additional layer of variation via skin tones

20 female hair styles + additional layer of variation via colors perhaps a larger palette than skin tones

20 faces man + variation through skin tones textures.

20 male hair styles + variations via color

10 male facial hair + match hair color variation

8 eye colors.

All base variations are 3D geometry

A last variation can be achieve if we add a collectable card frame like DFK heroes. We could add all things like color shapes and glitters animation etc.

Not sure if we could hit 21000 unique just with these base plus variations maybe some NFT expert could do a quick calculation. But the second layer of variation and the combination of traits should give a good chance of randomization.

7 Likes

You can definitely create 21,000 unique nfts with those variations. In fact, 21,000 is the low end if you have 20+ variations for each attribute. Rarity of certain variations can be a way to pare down the numbers too. Interested to see what all of you skilled and talented artists can come up with in conjunction with the team! @ImpactFrames

3 Likes

Thank you. Great to know this information.

I have gone through solidity tutorials but cryptozombies was one of the few that touched on NFTs but didnā€™t actually explain much about the art creation side.

I understand if we have the elements in layers we could script a way that achieve the ramdoness necessary for 21000.

As we get more ideas we can defenetly reach a direction on the final product and collaborate together to produce Marscolony NFTs. With more helping hands we could reach the best NFTs in a shorter timeframe.

Also my examples are just to get a feel. I plan to polish them further if people vote for these style.

The idea is to see if people like the direction is taking in first place and get feedback.

1 Like

Also, curious how you came up with the design? Is that something you designed yourself or just a reference?

1 Like

Yes, I made the last character from scratch my own design.

7 Likes

How charming! I especially like the companion cat.

I like the sense of mystery and ambiguity. Is this a WIP? Canā€™t wait to see more.

it was more of a quick thing to get feedback for others. Would work on them but i have to finish a project due to the 4th. :confused:

1 Like

Wow! This is fantastic. I love this cyberpunk direction. Are these all original designs? If so, thatā€™s a lot done in a couple days. Can you share your thought/design process?

Regards to all! Iā€™m a Martian who does a little 3D modeling in my free time;). For this ā€˜cyber martianā€™, I was inspired by games like halo, cyberpunk ā€¦ These are some of the renders Iā€™ve been working on for the last few days that have been done in a blender from scratch. I will be more than happy to hear your opinion on this project.

18 Likes

One variation can be also how to light those characters. Even some character with different lighting can make big difference.

1 Like

Love it. The level of detail we need.

best one for sure fr fr

Thanks man, I really appreciate that!

Yes that also, thank you for the idea. I might try it but I donā€™t know if I can make more test before the deadline.

Thank you. Yes, those are designed based on my own sketches. There are inspired by sci-fi books, movies, and games I like growing up. I designed the suits and gears that these mars colonists wear to have a more distinctive form and each variant needs to reflect their functionality/professions. For example, the suit with a more minimalist and clean form may work in a scientific or technology field, as appose to the suit that has more flair, which is typically worn by a government official or traders. There would be suits that emphasize more on the armors for the wearer who had a military background. The variety of gears also added diversity among these different professions, along with their gender, skin tones, hair colors, and so on.
For these samples, I made 3 types of suits, headgear, visors, and masks plus gender w/ slightly different eyes and lips. I also applied 3 variants of basic shapes on the background to give more distinction compare to the silhouette of the human profile that can be quite similar with one and the other.
These are just some ideas and I really think this project has so much potential and possibilities. Itā€™s very exciting!

4 Likes

Get this man/woman a contract!

1 Like

Hi, my proposal below. It still needs some work but you can see what the idea was.

The drawings were created in inkscape so you can easily generate any number of them by changing some objects to other etc.

I look forward to your comments and suggestions :wink:

Gaps I will rather remove.

6 Likes

Really like the style! The theme color is very inviting and remanences that classic space exploration - @kubaz

3 Likes