Monthly product review May 2022

Great. I mentioned this to Brother, but we can take a look at how the Nuclear Nerds create lore for their project. It’s a neat concept. Not sure who is running the lore now, but that may be a model we can use and tweak going forward!

We need the lore! Narratives matter!

Maybe we should shorten the mission time only for rare and legendary avatars. Up until now there has been no advantage whatsoever in owning a legendary one.

2 Likes

That’s correct. So far there have been no benefits at all for people having rare and legendary Avis. This might be considered.
I would not benefit almost at all from that, but it would be fair.

Also it would be fair to have programmers do the programming tasks faster, or get more xp, or something… Also when leveling Avis should be able to do things faster then before.
There’s a lot ideas to be considered and implemented.

1 Like

@eugenefinch @father Well, you didn’t fix the link. You just removed it. We need a narrative here. With the economic incentives falling into oblivion, the only thing that will hold this community together is a narrative. Plain and simple, we need some overarching narrative to hold this mess together. Someone needs to give the community a structure to let us tell a story on Mars. If you ask me, there is one thing that galvanizes a community: war. Pit Harmony against Polygon. Otherwise, it looks like we’re on a very slow, very boring downward spiral. You aren’t giving us anything to hold onto.

2 Likes

Hey @CairnAndWeb, good point. We do prepare a more detailed vision for the project. I think it will bring more clarity to everyone.

3 Likes

Weekly product update:

3rd Sprint is over so here’s our updates:

1. Cryochamber feature was released as scheduled, all the information about it you can check here.

2. We started working on decrypt mission - our 2nd mission in the Base station which will require from Martians both luck and skill.

3. Also we started working on revenue share feature for Base station missions which will become the first step of the transitioning to play-to-earn

4. Another small thing is that we updated the Rare and Legendary Utility Crates backgrounds so they are now more easy to identify.

Started from the Utility Crates (UCR) and Cryochamber we now make explanation posts about released feature with lore and mechanics

Another good news are that starting from next Monday new frontend developer begin his journey with MarsColony. And we still hiring for more.

21 Likes

Awesome!
Someone on discord mentioned adding symbols to the common, rare and legendary rarities. So they can be recognized easier in general and by color blind people.

1 Like

AWESOME !!! !Lets ROLL!!!

1 Like

Weekly product update:

4th Sprint is over and here’s a few things that it brought us:

1. Decrypt missions are going live this week but you can already enjoy the explanation post.

2. Revenue share is still in progress (UI part finished, backend + SC in development) and you will definitely have an explanation post too.

3. Our newbie frontend developer started working on a small introducing task - Avatar renaming feature (with CLNY utilization).

4. We also started working on the Leaderboard (both for Wallets and Avatars).

Despite all the new challenges around we continue working hard as scheduled.

17 Likes

It would be nice if there were some demo clips showing how to play the Decrypt missions!

2 Likes

Weekly product update:

5th sprint is over and as always here’s what it brought to us:

1. Decrypt mission was released as it was planned (you can check how it works if you missed).

2. Revenue share is still in progress and will be implemented this or next week. You can read about it before the launch here.

3. Avatar renaming is also coming up this week (It will cost 25 CLNY to rename an avatar).

4. We’re working on some small tech tasks that will improve overall user experience (landscape loading speed optimization, chain add/switch function for fast and smooth connection to our apps).

5. Another important thing is that we’re working on referral system for plots claiming (More information will be published soon).

6. And in-app music is in the queue too. :slightly_smiling_face:

14 Likes

good job!

1 Like

Just curious if with the Avatar renaming feature we will also be able to sort or move our people around to organize?

It is a bit cumbersome if you have more than 20-30 and are trying to use specific avatars first or figuring out what profession/stats you have in app. The current setup requires a bit of time scrolling and searching.

1 Like

Weekly product update:

6th sprint is over and here’s the updates:

1. Avatar rename feature was released as planned.

2. Revenue share was released too.:slightly_smiling_face: Read about it here.

3. Landscape loading speed optimization is being tested as well as polygon landscape.

4. Within or after the polygon landscape release we’re planning to launch missions on polygon.

5. Referral system is in development and terms&conditions discussion (Explanation post waiting room :melting_face:).

6. In-app music is in progress too (this week or early next week).

10 Likes

There is 0% Chance I will be referring anyone to this project.

Weekly product update:

7th sprint has ended so here’s the updates:

1. Landscape loading speed optimization and chain switch function were released early previous week.

2. Polygon landscape was released. :desert_island:

3. Referral program is about to release. You can read about it in this post.

4. Polygon planet header statistics will be released soon too.

5. In-app music release will be a bit later after Referral program + Header statistics.

6. We started working on some different tech tasks and fixes.

7. Globe menu UI revamp is in progress now.

8. And the last but not least thing is that we started preparing out backend for mining mission. :space_invader:

13 Likes

I don’t think the referral program will do anything. You could have just held a communety vote to see that it wouldn’t do anything. You could save yourself all that work. And in general I found that the community is no longer allowed to have a say.

Yes and I know that there will be no reaction to my comment.

I react to it, but really don’t want to with such an attitude.
Forum is still live and everybody is welcome to discuss

I don’t think the referral program will do anything

let’s see, why?

Please don’t get me wrong, I have supported both projects from the beginning and have contributed a great deal financially to the project. I don’t want to spread negative vibes here. I think things like the referral program should be discussed by the community. I hope it brings something and would be happy about it. As I said, I still believe strongly in the project. But I think that you should get the community involved more, we certainly have good ideas and there is also security when you know that you can also have a say in decisions. Thanks for the feedback.

1 Like